F A Q ' S
O U R P R O D U C T S
- What is the difference between a soy candle and a regular candle?
- Soy wax is made from soybeans, while paraffin wax is made from petroleum (yes, the same petroleum used to make oil and gas). Discovered in 1850, paraffin wax is made by removing the waxy substance from crude oil. ... Not only is soy wax all natural, it's also sustainable since we can grow more soybeans.
- Can your candle jars be repurposed?
- Absolutely! The glass jars used for our candles work great as a cocktail glass. Boil glass in about an inch of water and pour the remaining wax out. (Careful it's hot!) Wipe with paper towels, and wash with hot water and soap. These glasses are also top rack dishwasher safe.
T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G
- Why is my flame so big?
- Our candles go through vigorous testing to make sure that they can be safely burned. When the flame is too large, it often means that the wick was not trimmed enough.
- My wax didn't burn evenly
- It's important to allow your candle to burn to the edges on the first burn (takes approximately 4 hours) to avoid "tunneling"
- I'm getting a lot of soot and smoke
- When you are getting soot and smoke, it means that the wick needs to be trimmed shorter.
S H I P P I N G
- I live in Sitka, can I pick-up my order?
- We are currently not offering pick-ups, but we do hand deliver all local orders!
- How long will it take to get my order?
- We will process your order within 3 business days unless it is a pre-sale item. Pre-sale items include the shipping date on the product listing.
- Most orders arrive within 5-7 business days
- How come the linen sprays are only ground shipping?
- Our linen sprays contain perfumers alcohol (ethanol) which is not permitted to be shipped via air unless authorized. We are currently working on getting authorization.
R E T U R N S & E X C H A N G E S
- What is your return policy?
- We are currently not accepting returns at this time. If you have a problem with your order please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is your exchange policy?
- At this time we are not offering exchanges, but we hope to be able to in the near future.